Monday, January 13, 2014

David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell

This book's full title is "David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants" by Malcolm Gladwell. I have read his other books. I must admit I was intrigued with them at first, but I was very disenchanted with What the Dog Saw, that I did not even review the book.

I bought this book because I had enjoyed some of the others books Malcolm Gladwell had written. But then I saw an interesting and very negative review in CanTech on Malcolm and this book. There is also another very negative review in Economist. There is an interesting review of this book at Kottke.org.

I do not believe that his popularity confers any great responsibility on him. It would seem to me that he is just trying to make a living by bring to light some suggestive research on various topics. I got bored with his last book called "What the Dog Saw", but found this one an enjoyable and easy read. I know that it is not great reading or great research.

I pretty much take it for what it is. I see no harm in it if you take it for what it is and that is probably just pop science. Malcolm Gladwell brings up interesting little tidbits about human behavior.

On my website is how to find this book on Amazon if you care to purchase it. See Gladwell. Also, this book review and other books I have reviewed are on my website at Book Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment