Monday, January 19, 2015

Asia's Cauldron by Robert Kaplan

I have not been publishing much on this blog lately. It is not that I have not been reading or that I have not been making notes on what I have been reading; I just have not got around to publishing my notes. I have around 8 book reviews to publish ready, so I will try to get on to that.

This book's full title is Asia's Cauldron: The South China Sea and the End of a Stable Pacific. The author is Robert Kaplan. This is another very interesting book by Robert Kaplan. If you have not read anything by Kaplan, you should. He presents history or an historical view of current interesting world developments. In this book he is taking about the South China Sea countries. I always learn something new and interesting about history from Kaplan.

There is a great review of this book at the NY Times. There is another great review at the Economist. The last review I want to mention is one in the Wall Street Journal. It is not only interesting, but a bit critical of Kaplan's writing, something you do not often see.

There is a talk by Kaplan at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS). There is an introduction to Kaplan of just over 5 minutes. This is an interview by Steve Inskeep of Robert Kaplan. The video is some 55 minutes long altogether with Q&A starting at minute 33. There is also a video of Kaplan speaking at Global Ethics Forum. There is a very short introduction and the video is some 27 minutes long with Q&A starting at 19 minutes.

On my website is how to find this book on Amazon if you care to purchase it. See Kaplan. Also, this book review and other books I have reviewed are on my website at Book Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment