Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Crashed by Adam Tooze

This book’s full title is Crashed: How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed the World. Adam Tooze has his own web site here.

In reading this book I learned a how lot of acronyms. Like CDO - Collagenized Debt Obligations; CDS -Credit Default Swaps, ABCP-Asset Back Commercial Paper, SIV – Structured Investment Vehicles and etc. The list just goes on and on. The big surprise for me was about the Fed lending dollars to other central banks.

Oliver Bullough on The Guardian does a good review of this book. He points out that Adam Tooze talks about what happened, but not how to fix things. This next review by Roch Dunin-Wasowicz on London School of Economics (LSE) is worth the read. You almost do not have to read the book after reading this review as it seems to cover everything. The Financial Times gives a neat and very short synopsis of this book..

The review by Roch Dunin-Wasowicz talked about podcast by Adam Tooze. I did not listen to this as I do not like podcase, but I realize some people do. There is a short interview with Adam Tooze on YourTube by Bond Vigilantes of M&G Securities Limited. The National History Center has at a seminar, Adam Tooze as a speaker at the Woodrow Wilson Center.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment