Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Three Stones Make a Wall by Eric Cline

This book’s full title is Three Stones Make a Wall, The Story of Archaeology. The full Archaeological axiom is: One stone is a stone. Two stones is a feature. Three stones is a wall. Four Stones is a building. Five Stones is a palace. (Six Stones is a palace built by Aliens).

This is not the first book I have read by Eric Cline. I love archaeology and Eric Cline makes archaeology come alive. If you have not read anything on the subject this is a great book to read. This is not a new book, but it is also not that old. It was first published in 2017 and I got the paperback version published in 2018. You can tell from the reading that Eric Cline loves what he does.

Peter Lewis write a great review in StarTribune. I found another great review by Simon Caterson at The Sydney Morning Herald. Brian Fagan on Project Muse has a review and you can see an abstract on this site.

Eric Cline is on Junk Science and Archaeology. He speaks on his book called From Eden to Exile: Unraveling Mysteries of the Bible, In another video with Eric Cline on YouTube he gives an short talk on how archaeologists decide where to dig. Meet the author in an interview of Dr. Eric Cline by Nick Barksdale.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment