Friday, July 17, 2020

Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell

I am now caught up with all my book reviews of the books I have read recently. A while ago I had a huge stack of books that I had read and wanted to review. I try not to do this, that is having a stack of books to review, but it is so easy to go on to the next book and put off reviewing the one I just finished.

This book’s full title is Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t’ Know. Some people like Malcolm Gladwell and others do not. Personally, I always find him interesting and that is why I bought his new book called Talking to Strangers. The other thing about his books is that they are an easy read. Basically, he says we are better off as a society when we believe what strangers say rather than being suspicious of everything they might say.

Andrew Anthony on The Guardian does a nice review of this book. Brian Naylor does a review on NPR. Andrew Ferguson on The Atlantic spends a lot of words saying how superficial Malcolm Gladwell and his books are.

I like the interviews better than Malcolm Gladwell’s speech. I especially liked the interview by Susan Swain. Malcolm Gladwell speaks for Penguin Books UK. Malcolm Gladwell is interviewed on The Economist by Anne McElvoy. There is a very short video with Malcolm Gladwell promoting his book for Penguin in Australia. Malcolm Gladwell is interviewed on C-Span. The host on C-Span is Susan Swain.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment