Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Bootlegger Blues by Drew Hayden Taylor

This book’s full title is Bootlegger Blues. It was a Winner of the Canadian Authors Association Award for Drama. In August of 2018, I was on a wonderful trip at Yellowknife, Northwest Territories to see the northern lights. When I was in a bookshop, I ask for a recommendation. The lady there suggested this book. The author, Drew Hayden Taylor has his own site here.

This is a short, comedic play that takes place on a reserve. I do not often read fiction, but her suggestion was just perfect for filling in some time on holidays. Both of my friends read and enjoyed it also. It has rather a simple plot, but that is probably why this comedy play works.

There is a good article about this play on Bix Books. There is another good review 49th Shelf. Drew Hayden Taylor has a video on YouTube.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment