Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Persians by Lloyd Llewellyn-Jones

This book’s full title is Persians: The Age of the Great Kings. We in the western world generally do not have a positive attitude towards the Persians and this is mainly due to the Greek historians and the Roman Empire. The Greeks and the Roman Empire and the Persian Empire were enemies and fought a number of battles. I love reading history. I found this book interesting and it adds to my knowledge of world history.

I found a great review of this book at Bryn Mawr Classical review. Review is by Farnoosh Shamsianat of Leipzig University. There is a short review at Publishers Weekly. Ali Ansari on Engelsberg Ideas writes an interesting and rather negative review of this book.

Lloyd Llewellyn-Jones speaks at York University Questions start around 46 minutes in. This is a short video on YouTube of Lloyd Llewellyn-Jones talking about Cyrus the Great. This next video is an interview by Erica on YouTube of the author. She is a young woman interviewing the author and it is quite interesting.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment