Tuesday, July 2, 2024

The Dragons and the Snakes by David Kilcullen

This book’s full title is The Dragons and the Snakes: How the Rest Learned to Fight the West. I found this a fascinating book. I do not usually read such books because it is about war rather than straight history. But this is a well-written and as I said fascinating book about how war techniques change over time.

The dragons in this book are Russian, China, Iran, and North Koreas. The snakes are terrorist groups, like the Taliban, Al Qaida, ISIS etc. He talks how the dragons and snakes are changing how they fight based on how America fights. He talks about how the fighting is evolving, changing, and adapting.

There are some good reviews on Amazon. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the reviews. I found Will Selber’s review of this book on The Strategy Bridge interesting. He talks about what he likes and dislikes of this book. It is always interesting to read a critique of a book and this is what this review is. This probably the best review. Micholas Underwood on Small Wars Journal gives a rather positive review of this book

Clifford May moderator for a Foundation for Defense of Democracies. David Kilcullen starts discussion 3 minutes in. The site The Reading Stack talk about this book and review starts around 3:45 minutes in. David Kilcullen is interviews on United States Studies Centre in July 2020. This is just a discussion with David Kilcullen rather than a discussion on this book.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment