Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Land by Simon Winchester

This book’s full title is Land: How the Hunger for Ownership Shaped the Modern World. His telling of the first farmers etc. is like a telling a just so story. It is a story that has not been verified. This is my only negative comment. I found the book interesting reading. An example is how much land the cattle and sheep stations cover and how much land Gina Rinehart owns.

Aaron Retica writes an interesting review at the New York Times. Unfortunately, this review is now behind a pay wall. Carmen Margiotta on Earth.org gives us a review of this book. Also, I found a review on Kirkus Reviews. There is also a good review on Coot’s Reviews. I also read a review by Eric Liebetrau at the Boston Globe.

Simon Winchester is interviewed at the Kinokuniya Book Store about this book. The author is interviewed at the Gibson’s Bookstore. On C-Span Simon Winchester starts his talk 2 minutes in. Simon Winchester talks on TED.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment