This book’s full title is Waste Land: A World in Permanent Crisis. This a rather depressing book. I have a more positive view of the future. There is a lot of problems and conflicts. See what is going on with Russian/Ukrainian war, I think that Taiwan, even if China attacks can survive. I think as a Canadian, even with Tramp currently in charge, we are lucky to be next to the US than Russia or China. However, no one knows the future and Robert Kaplan is always interesting to listen to.
Colin Robertson writes an interesting and positive review of Waste Land at Canadian politics and Public Policy . The Good Reads site has lots of reviews of this book with various opinions. Frank Diana on Inside the Next Transition writes an interesting review of this book. Matthew Rapaport review on Rumination Blog is interesting, but he has his own agenda that shows clearly.
Robert Kaplan speaks at London School of Economics (LSE) about this book. It starts with the moderator asking questions and then round 42.16, the moderator opens up for question. Robert Kaplan speaks at a university in Madrid Spain. He starts to talk around 17:51 mark. Great speech and well worth listening too. Robert Kaplan on Intelligence Squared is interviewed.
An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment