This book’s full title is Beyond the Trees: A Journey Alone Across Canada’s Arctic. This is another interesting adventure story by Adam Shoalts who takes his canoe across the northern part of Canada. This is such forbiting and rugged terrain he travels across. I have read all of Adam Shoalts books and I have also just bought but have not yet read his latest of Vanished Beyond the map.
I really liked the pictures in the book. They show what the far Canadian north is really like. It is quite wild and very beautiful.
There is a great review at Atlantic Books by Martin Bauman. Lisa Schuyler on her Lisa Blog has an interesting review of this book. And another interesting review on Australian Hiker.
An interesting little video on YouTube about this book with great pictures. There is a YouTube video called Alone Across the Arctic showing this trip of Adam Shoalts. The scenery is wonderful. You seldom get a chance to see what the north of Canada looks like.
An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment