Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Spy and the Traitor by Ben Macintyre

This book’s full title is The Spy and the Traitor: The Greatest Espionage Story of The Cold War. This is a wonderful book and a great read. Ben Macintyre is not new to the spy genre as he has written many books on this subject. Ben Macintyre has his own site and also a US site . He even has his own Wikipedia entry.

Even though it is non-fiction, it is not the type of non-fiction I generally read. I had the pleasure to hear the author of this book speak at a Ben McNally brunch at the King Eddie. It was the speech given by Ben Macintyre that made me want to buy this book. It was an excellent speech and an also an excellent book.

These brunches at the King Eddie are a regular event. Since both Britnell Books and Nicholas Hoare have shut, Ben McNally’s book shop seems to be the last great book shop in Toronto. Ben McNally Book Shop’s site is here,

As usual, there are some great reviews on Good Reads, one of my favourite review sites.. Oliver Bullough writes a good review of the book in The Guardian. Finally, David Walmsley in the Globe and Mail write another quite interesting review.

Ben Macintyre talks about his book on YouTube. Ben Macintyre gives a talk at The Graduate Center at City University of New York. You see Ben Macintyre starting around 4 minutes.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment